Wednesday, March 2, 2011

UPDATE

...albeit sans pictures as I still have not gotten batteries or a cord for my camera. However, I shall "bite the bullet" (figuratively speaking) and make the long trek to Wooster for such necessities before Saturday as that is when things really start happenning.
YES!
I am back in Holmes County, Ohio
For a whole YEAR!
This time with pay:)
Yes...WOW
So far the plans are to be a "consultant" or "fieldworker" for the same doctors that I was working under last summer. For more information on previous research and ongoing projects see www.wohproject.org. I have little to nothing to do with that website. However, what I have a lot to do with is some of the same duties as last summer, but a few more as well since this time my stay is a bit more permanent. So far, the docs want to focus on heart disease here in Holmes Co. specifically dilated and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. We will be trying to set up a "Heart Program" that connects affected families with local cardiologists as well as cardiologists in Cleveland. Cleveland OH is known for it's heart care programs, and some of the best cardiologists in the world work out of Cleveland Clinic and other heart programs located in the area. That said, I'd say we're in a pretty good position to connect families with doctors.
There are always other ongoing studies, and as of now, we are open to researching any new condition that may crop up. Also, we are always looking for more families with conditions that have been previously studied as more data gathered means more legitimate research and accurate outcomes.
So that is my "work" life...
Now for my "personal" life...
I have a house rented in Benton, and am currently looking for a washing machine. Thanks to my scads of loving family and friends, multiple pieces of furniture shall be arriving this saturday and I am currently driving around with my car filled to the ceiling with supplies for living on one's own (now to finish "thank-you" cards:).
Yes, it's scary
No, I don't know what I'm doing
But...
HE DOES
and that's what is important!
p.s. address to come soon as the house (I believe) has a mailbox so (hopefully) no P.O. Box this time...
p.p.s. my home is ALWAYS open to family, friends, stray chickens, small children, perfect strangers that are "friends of so-and-so", etc... and I LOVE having company. So come visit anytime. Holmes Co. is beautiful and rich with people and history!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment